In this issue, Supergirl comes to TV, writer and magician Alan Moore writes a book and the new Batmobile is sighted. THEN It’s the death of Wolverine and Batgirl becomes a roided ranga in What We’ve Been Reading. PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: Batman the Killing Joke, which we’ll discuss with our very special guests Nicola Scott and Freddie E Williams II. This is Behind the Panels
Your Hosts: Richard Gray, David McVay plus Special Guests Nicola Scott and Freddie E Williams II
To our guests Nicola and Freddie, the organisers of Oz Comic-Con for providing us with a stage and an opportunity, the folks at Kings Comics for some of our giveaway items and help with promotion and to all of the awesome people who helped make us the most attended session on Stage 4!
The one that refused to play on the day, but much fun was had in the description.
What We’ve Been Reading
Death of Wolverine, Batgirl, Annihilator
- Greg Berlanti DC Entertainment that they are “quietly” working on a Supergirl TV series for The CW.
- After 9 years, writer and beard enthusiast Alan Moore has finished all 1 million words of the first draft of his novel Jerusalem.
- Marvel Comics will replace Wolverine with Peter Parker when the comic ‘Spider-Man & The X-Men’ sends Spidey to teach at the Jean Grey Academy
- If you were paying attention online this week, set pictures of the Batmobile were leaked from ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’. They first looked as though they’d left it in a bad part of Detroit. Of course, the final official photo assured us that Batman’s stance on “no guns” is flexible
- Guinness has a new record holder: Bob Bretall entered the book of records with his stash of over 94,268 comics and growing.
- And finally (we love this story), a 3-year old boy in the US – born without a fully developed hand – was given an Iron Man hand by the group E-Nabling, which makes 3D-printed prosthetic hands. They, of course, gave it to him for free.
Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore and Brian Bolland
Next Week (110): Batman: Year One by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli with Special Guest: Ryan K. Lindsay
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to email@example.com or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting TheReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDBits Find more David Longo on Twitter @ at DamnGoodCup.com.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually
Music used in this episode includes extracts from Redbone’s “Come and Get Your Love”, Prince’s “Batdance” and Danny Elfman’s score for Batman (1989)