In this issue, Supergirl might come to TV, writer and beard enthusiast Alan Moore writes a book and the new Batmobile is sighted. THEN Wolverine is still not dead, things get pretty ‘Fly’ and ‘Some Kinds of Blue’ in What We’ve Been Reading.
PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: Batman: Year One, which we discuss with our very special guest Ryan K. Lindsay. This is Behind the Panels.
Your Hosts: Richard Gray, David McVay plus Special Guest Ryan K. Lindsay
To our guest Ryan, the organisers of Oz Comic-Con for providing us with a stage and an opportunity, the folks at Kings Comics for some of our giveaway items and help with promotion and to all of the awesome people who helped make us the most attended session on Stage 4!
The Show – Recorded Live at Oz Comic-Con Sydney (14 September 2014)
What We’ve Been Reading
Death of Wolverine, Fly, Kinds of Blue
News Headlines (Recorded 20 September 2014 – Fresh for your pleasure!)
- Deadline confirms that CBS has given a series committment to the Supergirl TV show
- Fox announces a ‘Deadpool‘ film for 2016, but pushes the ‘Fantastic Four’ reboot back by a few months
- DC and Machinima will team up for a new shortform web series, Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles from producers Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett!
- Marvel matches Mad Titan against green Goliath in December with Jim Starlin’s 4-part Thanos Vs. Hulk! Plus Powers relaunches under Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming.
- Writer and Rasputin impersonator Alan Moore will pen the six-issue Crossed: +100 series for Avatar Press starting in December
- Acclaimed actor Scott Glenn has been cast as Stick in Marvel’s Daredevil for Netflix
- Amanda Pays will reprise her role from the original Flash series when she joins The CW as Dr. Tina McGee
- And finally, another Guinness record was broken was 542 employees of Nexen Energy gathered in full Batman costumes outside their Calgary headquarters for charity
Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: Batman: Year One by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli
Next Week (111): Flashpoint
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting TheReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDBits Find more David Longo on Twitter @ at DamnGoodCup.com.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually
Music used in this episode includes extracts from Redbone’s “Come and Get Your Love”, The LEGO Movie’s “Darkness” and the Christopher Drake score to Batman: Year One