In this issue, Howard the Duck is back with an all-new ongoing series. Why do we let him lick us like that? ALSO Ant-Man is getting his own novel. Can we get it in large print? THEN It’s Multiversity: Pax Americana, Intersect, Spider-Woman and a bit of Interstellar in What We’ve Been Reading.
PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: Spider-Man: Blue by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale, and we’ll be joined by a familiar voice on the Geek Actually network. This is Behind the Panels.
Your Hosts: Richard Gray, David McVay, and Dave Longo. Guest Host: Nicholas McVay
You’re chance to win! (If you live in the 1980s)
What We’ve Been Reading
This Week (19 November 2014): The Multiversity Pax Americana, Harley Quinn #12, Intersect #1 (Ray Fawkes), Sinergy #1 (Michael Avon Oeming), Spider-Woman #1, Lone Ranger Vindicated #1 (Justin Gray), “Absolute Zero” Interstellar prequel (Christopher Nolan and Sean Murphy)
Next Week’s Highlights (26 November): Capture Creatures #1, Arkham Manor #2, Ody-C #1 (Matt Fraction), Scarlet Spiders #1, Superior Iron Man #2
What We’ve Been Watching
Gotham, Arrow, The Walking Dead, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Flash, Sky High (2005)
- Howard the Duck will get a new ongoing series from Marvel from writer Chip Zdarksy and artist Joe Quinones. It will debut in March 2015.
- Jim Lee will join Grant Morrison on Earth-10 as DC announces The Multiversity: The Mastermen #1 for February 2015
- Lee Bermejo is the writer and artist on the new DC/Vertigo series Suiciders, kicking off in February next year
- Marvel will launch a new Guardians of the Galaxy/All-New X-Men crossover in February called Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: Black Vortex
- It’s a new team a new direction from Image Comics in February next year, with Spawn Resurrection from Brian Wood and artist Jonboy
- Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham will reteam for Nameless, another new Image Comics debut in February 2015
- Marvel will begin plugging the Ant-Man film from February, with an official prequel comic from Will Corona Pilgrim and Miguel Sepulveda. Crime writer Jason Starr will also pen Ant-Man: Natural Enemy, a new prose novel due out on 3 June 2015.
- Two new female led Spider-Verse spin-off series will launch in February from Marvel: Spider-Gwen from Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez, and Silk from Robbie Thompson and Stacey Lee
- Following an arrest for domestic violence charges, artist Roc Upchurch will no longer be attached to Rat Queens.
- Chris Pratt is set to play the lead in Cowboy Ninja Viking, based on the A.J. Lieberman and Riley Rossmo comic of the same name
- Deadline reports that the seminal Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell comic From Hell is being adapted into a series at FX. Producer Don Murphy is developing, with David Arata set to write,
- Fox has given a pilot commitment to Global Frequency, based on the Warren Ellis comic series. Jerry Bruckheimer will produce
Kick-Ass Pick of the Week
Spider-Man: Blue by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale (Marvel)
Next Week (119): Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters by Mike Grell
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a voicemail on (02) 8011 4167 (or use Skype ID: geek actually) and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting TheReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDBits Find more David Longo at DamnGoodCup.com on Twitter @davelongo.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually
Music used in this episode includes “Blue” by Eiffel 65, “Blue” by the Jayhawks and excerpts from Hans Zimmer’s score for The Amazing Spider-Man 2.