In this issue, Hawkgirl hits television, while Arrow joins the Ninja Turtles. Guess it really is easy being green. THEN it’s Convergence, No Mercy, Kanan the Last Padawan, The Flash and more in What We’ve Been Reading and Watching. ALSO Richard reports back from Emerald City Comic-Con, and drops so many names that we’ll trip over trying to get out of the studio.
PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: AVENGERS: RAGE OF ULTRON by Rick Remender and Jerome Opena. This is BEHIND THE PANELS.
Your Hosts: Richard Gray, David McVay and Dave Longo
Ding-A-Ling: you need one
What We’ve Been Reading/Watching
This Week (1 April 2014): Convergence #0, Harley Quinn #16, Looking For Group #1 (Dynamite), No Mercy #1, Dying and the Dead #2, Southern Bastards #8, Amazing Spider-Man #17, Avengers: Rage of Ultron OGN, Avengers: Ultron Forever #1, Kanan the Last Padawan #1, Spider-Gwen #3, Uncanny Inhumans #0
TV: The Flash, iZombie, Arrow
Next Week’s Highlights (8 April 2014): Rebels #1 (Btrian Wood @ Dark Horse), Convergence #1 and tie-ins, Reanimator #1, Jupiter’s Circle #1, Savior #1 (Todd MacFarlane), D4ve #3, Big Man Plans #2, Southern Cross #2, Saga #27, All-New Hawkeye #2, Howard the Duck #2, Spider-Man 2099 #11, Spider-Woman #6
- The West Coast companion series to The Walking Dead will be named Fear The Walking Dead, kicking off in the US summer between the original series’ seasons
- Dark Horse Comics has announced 10 new series for 2015, including Negative Space from Ryan K. Lindsay and Owen Gieni
- Legendary Comics has announced a new Pacific Rim comic series called Tales from the Drift, with a story by screenwriter Travis Beacham, script by Joshua Hale Fialkov and art by Marcos Marz
- Doctor Who’s Arthur Darvill will soon join CW’s Arrow/The Flash spin-off as time traveller Rip Hunter
- Meanwhile, The Flash/Arrow spin-off series has cast Ciara Renée as the Kendra Saunders version of Hawkgirl
- Speaking of Arrow, star Stephen Amell has announced that he will be playing turtle ally Casey Jones in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sequel
- A Batman ’66 animated film will be coming next year, with Adam West and Burt Ward reprising their roles as Batman and Robin
- AMC casts Misfits star Joseph Gilgun as the Irish vampire Cassidy in the upcoming Preacher TV series
- Ray Donovan and Southland‘s alum Cheo Hodari Coker has been announced by Marvel as the showrunner of Luke Cage for Netflix
- Executive producer Daniel Cerone said he will pitch NBC a second season of Constantine at the end of April,
- Hugh Jackman appears to have confirmed via Instagram that the third Wolverine movie will be his last, while X-Men: Apocalypse will be Jennifer Lawrence’s last outing as a mutant
Kick-Ass Pick of the Week
Avengers: Rage of Ultron
Next Week (137): Identity Crisis
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to email@example.com or drop us a voicemail on (02) 8011 4167 (or use Skype ID: geek actually) and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Check out our other fine podcasts: The Geek Actually Show Podcast Pillowfort.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, Find more by Richard by visiting TheReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDBits, and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more Dave at DamnGoodCup.com on Twitter @davelongo. Follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually for all the network news.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually
Music used in this episode includes samples from Daft Punk’s “Robot Rock”, the “Terminator Theme” and Kraftwerk’s “Robots”.