In this issue, Star Trek gets sets to crossover with Green Lantern. The ladies of the galaxy don’t stand a chance with Hal and Kirk on the prowl. THEN it’s all the Convergence, Savior, Howard the Duck and initial Daredevil impressions in What We’ve Been Reading and Watching.
PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: IDENTITY CRISIS by Brad Meltzer and Rags Morales. This is BEHIND THE PANELS.
Your Hosts: Richard Gray, David McVay and Dave Longo
Stretchy dudes are cool
What We’ve Been Reading/Watching
This Week (8 April 2014): Convergence #1 and tie-ins, Savior #1 (Todd MacFarlane), Big Man Plans #2, Southern Cross #2, Saga #27, All-New Hawkeye #2, Howard the Duck #2, Spider-Woman #6
Watching: Daredevil (first impressions), Agents of SHIELD
- The nominations for the Hugo Awards have been announced. Ms. Marvel, Saga, Sex Criminals, Rat Queens and The Zombie Nation received nods for Best Graphic Story, while Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Flash were listed as finalists in the dramatic presentation categories.
- It’s official: the Captain America: Winter Soldier and Civil War team of Joe and Anthony Russo will direct the upcoming two-part Avengers: Infinity War. Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely have been confirmed to script the film.
- Meanwhile, Phil Lord and Chris Miller have begun writing Warner’s standalone film for The Flash
- Mark Millar has partnered with producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura to bring Jupiter’s Legacy to the screen
- IDW and DC Comics announced Star Trek/Green Lantern: The Spectrum War, a new comics crossover that will kick off in July from Trek writer Mike Johnson and with art from Angel Hernández
- Ed Skrein has confirmed via Twitter that he will be playing Ajax in the upcoming Deadpool movie
- Lucy Griffiths has been cast in AMC’s Preacher as new character Emily Woodrow
- Kevin Smith has confirmed that Mallrats 2 will be his next film, with filming pushed forward to the end of 2015
Kick-Ass Pick of the Week
Next Week (138): Daredevil (Netflix) with SPECIAL GUEST: Ryan K. Lindsay
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to email@example.com or drop us a voicemail on (02) 8011 4167 (or use Skype ID: geek actually) and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Check out our other fine podcasts: The Geek Actually Show & Podcast Pillowfort.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, Find more by Richard by visiting TheReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDBits, and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more Dave at DamnGoodCup.com on Twitter@davelongo. Follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually for all the network news.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually
Music used in this episode includes samples from The Who’s “Who Are You?”, and “The Justice League Theme” by Lolita Ritmanis, Michael McCuistion and Kristopher Carter