In this issue, Frank Miller returns to the Dark Knight series. The only question is which Frank Miller is returning? ALSO everything is awesome as Phil Lord and Chris Miller are announced to direct a brand-new animated Spider-Man film. THEN it’s Convergence, Infinite Loop, The Flash and more in What We’ve Been Reading and Watching.
PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick Of the Week™ (KAPOW!): AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, now releasing in cinemas around the world from Marvel Studios and Disney.This is BEHIND THE PANELS.
Your Hosts: Richard Gray, David McVay & Dave Longo
Is it man or monster? Meet Big Loo.
What We’ve Been Reading/Watching
This Week (22 April 2015): Convergence #3 and tie-ins, Drones #1, Infinite Loop #1, Uncle Scrooge #1, Miami Vice Remix #2, Deadly Class #12. Kaptara #1, Postal #3, Thrilling Adventure Hour Presents Beyond Belief #1, Amazing Spider-Man #17.1, Avengers Operation Hydra #1, Guardians Of The Galaxy And X-Men The Black Vortex Omega #1, Inhuman Special #1, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #4
Watching: Gotham, The Flash, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Arrow
Next Week’s Highlights (29 April 2015): Convergence #4 and tie-ins, The Order of the Forge #1, Batman #40, The Multiversity #2, Vertigo Quarterly SFX #1, Bitch PLanet #4, Pisces #1 (Kurtis J. Wiebe/Johnnie Christmas), Red One #2, Princes Leia #3, Silk #3, Daredevil #15, New Avengers Ultron Forever #1
+ Free Comic Book Day releases
- The Eisner Award nominees for 2015 have been announced with Ms. Marvel, The Multiversity, Saga and Bandette leading the nominations. The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil and Seconds are among the nominees for the best graphic novels of the year.
- Frank Miller and DC Comics have confirmed that The Dark Knight III: The Master Race will launch as an 8-issue mini-series from US Fall 2015. He will be joined by co-writer Brian Azzarello.
- It’s official: Nicole Perlman and Meg LeFauve have been confirmed as the writers on the upcoming Captain Marvel film
- Sony has announced that they will release an animated Spider-Man feature in 2018 from directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller. It will be separate to the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- DC Comics will launch an ongoing Cyborg series in July, from David Walker and artists Ivan Reis and Joe Prado
- Brian K. Vaughan will launch a new series from Image Comics in July called We Stand on Guard. He will team with Matrix storyboard artist Steve Skroce
- In news that will surprise nobody, Netflix has ordered a second season of Daredevil from Marvel for 2016
- Speaking of the Man Without Fear, Marvel has revealed that July’s Daredevil #17 will be Mark Waid and Chris Samnee’s “penultimate” issue, indicating their historic run will end in August
- Valiant Entertainment has announced a cinematic universe deal with Sony, brining Harbinger and Bloodshot to the screen, and set to culminate in Harbinger Wars
- The LEGO Batman movie has been pegged as the next film in The LEGO Movie franchise
- There are reports that Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood will head to a Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off series, portraying their Mockingbird and Lance Hunter characters
- Marvel and Telltale Games have announced that they have partnered for a new video game coming in 2017
- Finally, because we haven’t done one for a while, it’s time for a patented Trailer Commentary for Fox’s FANTASTIC FOUR. (Patent Pending)
Kick-Ass Pick of The Week™
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON (Disney)
- Richard’s review here at Behind The Panels
- Dave’s review over at Damn Good Cup
- The All-New Geek Actually Podcast Episode 6
Next Week (140)
GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH – Recorded LIVE at Good Games Hurstville on 2 May 2015 (Free Comic Book Day)
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to email@example.com or drop us a voicemail on (02) 8011 4167 (or use Skype ID: geek actually) and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Check out our other fine podcasts: The Geek Actually Show & Podcast Pillowfort.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, Find more by Richard by visiting TheReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDBits, and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more Dave at DamnGoodCup.com on Twitter@davelongo. Follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually for all the network news.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually
Music used in this episode includes samples from “I’ve Got No Strings” (Disney) and Danny Elfman’s “New Avengers” from the Avengers: Age of Ultron soundtrack.