In this issue, it’s an All-New All-Different Marvel coming soon. Again. ALSO The Walking Dead’s Robert Kirkman is in the writing room for the next Transformers film. They’ll spend three films looking for Optimus, and find out he was in the barn the whole time. THEN it’s Oh Killstrike, Resident Alien, A-Force, Valhalla Mad and more in What We’ve Been Reading.
PLUS: Our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week™: ARROW: SEASON 3 and THE FLASH: SEASON 1 (The CW). This is BEHIND THE PANELS.
Your Hosts: Richard Gray, David McVay & Dave Longo and guests John Dee and John Hammond
Kenner Toys are just dandy.
What We’ve Been Reading/Watching
This Week’s HIghlights (20 May 2015): Secret Wars #3, Convergence #7, Oh Killsrike #1 (Boom), Archie Vs Predator #2, Resident Alien: The Sam Haim Mystery #1, A-Force #1, Insufferable #1, Valhalla Mad #1, A-Force #1, Secret Wars: Battleworld #1 and tie-ins (including Deadpool and Spider-Verse)
- An All-New All-Different Marvel has been teased by the published for “Fall 2015” as part of their “8 months later…” campaign
- Craig Borten, who co-wrote Dallas Buyers Club, has been hired by Sony to pen the script to the adaptation of IDW’s Zombies Vs Robots
- Demarest Films has plans to develop George A. Romero’s Marvel Comics series “Empire of the Dead” for the small screen
- DC Comics will launch a new Bombshells ongoing series in August from Marguerite Bennett, based on the line of retro statues
- The Glyph Black Comics award winners were announced this week. with Shaft by David F. Walker and Bilquis Evely named best story of the year. Keef Cross won best writer for Day Black, while Nelson Blake II took out best artist for Artifacts.
- LEGO has announced that Bane, Joker, Harley Quinn and more will receive their own minifigure sets as part of the LEGO Dimensions game tie-in pieces
- The Walking Dead and Outkast scribe Robert Kirkman has been added to the writers room to help shape the upcoming Transformers film and its sequels
Kick-Ass Pick of the Week™
ARROW: SEASON 3 and THE FLASH: SEASON 1 (The CW)
Next Week (144): The Private Eye by Brian K. Vaughn
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a voicemail on (02) 8011 4167 (or use Skype ID: geek actually) and we’ll play it on the show. You can also hit us up on Facebook and Twitter.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Check out our other fine podcasts: The Geek Actually Show & Podcast Pillowfort.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, Find more by Richard by visiting TheReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDBits, and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more Dave at DamnGoodCup.com on Twitter@davelongo. Follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually for all the network news.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually
Music used in this episode includes excerpts from Blake Neely’s scores to Arrow and The Flash.