In this issue, “The New 52 is dead! Long live the Multiverse!” as Richard attempts to explain the end of Convergence to the Davids. ALSO the One Million Moms group has urged Fox not to screen Lucifer. Either they are against the Satanic content, or they’ve suddenly developed good taste. THEN it’s the rules of Fight Club 2, Alan Moore doing Lovecraft in Providence, Image’s Material, the battlelines of Secret Wars and more in What We’ve Been Reading.
PLUS: Our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week™: The Private Eye by Brian K. Vaughn and Marcos Martin. This is BEHIND THE PANELS.
We have some!
Spies were well covered in the toy department, especially those who flash to find their position
What We’ve Been Reading/Watching
This Week’s Highlights (27 May 2015): Fight Club 2 #1, Providence #1 (Alan Moore!), Indestructible Stingray #1, Material #1, Son of the Devil #1 Postal #4, Secret Wars & Convergence stuff
Convergence #8 and the DC Multiverse. What does it all mean?
- 20th Century Fox is reportedly developing a cinematic reboot to The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen series, based on the graphic novels by Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill
- Hop Hop Family Tree will become Fantagraphics first ongoing series when they launch the third volume in August. In this chapter, creator Ed Piskor will focus on 1983 to 1984
- Top Shelf has announced that they will release Troy Little’s comic adaptation of Hunter S. Thompson’s Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas in October
- Matt Kindt and Trevor Hairsine will reunite for Divinity II, a four-issue, prestige format limited series, scheduled for April 2016
- 20th Century Fox is also looking at a film based on the BOOM! Studios comic series Lumberjanes
- The Wicked + The Devine is being developed for television. Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick will develop the Kieron Gillen comic through their Milkfed Productions on Universal TV.
- Jaden Smith has reportedly been confirmed to play Static Shock in an upcoming Warner film
- Hayley Atwell has confirmed that the second season of Agent Carter has been expanded to a lengthier 10 episodes
- Deadpool has wrapped production at 20th Century Fox, and is currently consuming chimichangas on the way to the box office
- Woody Harrelson and Laura Dern are set to star in an adaptation of Daniel Clowes’ graphic novel Wilson, directed by Craig Johnson
- WWE star Sheamus has been confirmed as Rocksteady in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
- Gotham’s Nicholas D’Agosto has been upgraded to a series regular, playing Harvey Dent in the second season
Kick-Ass Pick of the Week™Next Issue (145): Batman: Earth One Volume 2 (Please note we are on a 2 week break after this episode. Next episode back is 22 June 2015)
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to email@example.com or drop us a voicemail on (02) 8011 4167 (or use Skype ID: geekactually) and we’ll play it on the show. You can also hit us up on Facebook and Twitter.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, Find more by Richard by visiting TheReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDBits, and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more Dave at DamnGoodCup.com on Twitter@davelongo. Follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually for all the network news.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually
Music used in this episode includes excerpts from John Williams’ score to “The Long Goodbye”, Henry Mancini’s stylish jazz work and The Handsome Family’s “Far From Any Road”.