In this issue, it’s a new star and director for the Spider-Man franchise. No, we haven’t heard of either of them either. THEN it’s Green Lantern: The Lost Army, We Are Robin, Fight Club 2, Secret Wars and more in What We’ve Been Reading.
PLUS: Our Kick Ass Pick of the Week: THANOS: THE INFINITY RELATIVITY by Jim Starlin. This is BEHIND THE PANELS.
Your Hosts: Richard Gray, David McVay & Dave Longo
In which the colours of superheroes are described
What We’ve Been Reading
This Week’s Highlights (24 June 2015): Fight Club 2 #2, Green Lantern The Lost Army #1, Justice League 3001 #1, We Are Robin #1, Age of Ultron Vs Marvel Zombies #1, E is for Extinction #1, The Korvac Saga #1, Howard the Duck #4
Next Week’s Highlights (1 July 2015): Spire #1, Barb Wire #1, Bob’s Burger’s #1, Will Eisner’s The Spirit #1, Grant Morrison’s 18 Days #1, Mickey Mouse #1, Onyx #1, 8House #1, We Stand On Guard #1 (KAPOW!), Red Skull #1, Secret Wars #4
- Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios have found their new Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Tom Holland. Jon Watts will direct the 2017 film.
- Dark Horse is now on Comixology! That means things like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Hellboy, Sin City and 300 can now be bought from the digital comics store
- Marvel will release new comics for Doctor Strange and a MIles Morales led Spider-Man in the US Fall, following Secret Wars.
- Still on Marvel, Captain Marvel will get a new writer later this year as Agent Carter showrunners Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas take over from Kelly Sue DeConnick, alongside artist Kris Anka
- Mark Waid, Mahmud Asrar and Adam Kubert will create the All-New All-Different Avengers post-Secret Wars, while writer James Robinson and artist Leonard Kirk will launch Squadron Supreme
- More post-Secret War announcements include a new ongoing Uncanny Inhumans from Charles Soule and Steve McNiven, a brand new Totally Awesome Hulk (who isn’t Bruce Banner) from Frank Cho and Greg Pak and the return of A-Force and Spider-Gwen!
- iZombie and The Flash will return to the CW on October 6, while Arrow: Season 4 will debut on October 7
- Michael Keaton will return to the world of comic books on screen, when he produces and stars in an adaptation of Imagine Agents by Brian Joines and Bachan.
- Finally, the community suffered a massive loss this week with the death of composer James Horner, who died in a plane crash. In addition to his scores for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Braveheart and of course, Titanic, comic book fans will know him from The Rocketeer and more recently, The Amazing Spider-Man. He will be very missed.
Kick-Ass Pick of the Week™
THANOS: THE INFINITY RELATIVITY by Jim Starlin.
Good Games Hurstville Presents: Quiz Corner
This week’s questions come from the Marvel Trivia Game
Next Issue (147): We Stand on Guard #1
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, Find more by Richard by visiting TheReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDBits, and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more Dave at DamnGoodCup.com on Twitter@davelongo. Follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually for all the network news.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually