Welcome to BEHIND THE PANELS Issue 151, the comic book show that has no concept of time.
I’m RG etc
In this issue, DC sends us streaming, while Marvel leaves us creaming. THEN we remind you of that time we had a dance-off to save the universe in What We’ve Been Reading. ALSO It’s John Dee’s Geek Related Challenge…or something.
PLUS: our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week™: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR, the biggest Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Ever. Or until 2019. This is BEHIND THE PANELS.
Your Hosts: Richard Gray, David McVay & Dave Longo
What We’ve Been Reading
What haven’t we been reading, really?
- DC Comics has launched a new streaming service called DC Universe. It will launch with a Swamp Thing series, Titans, Young Justice: Outsiders, and Harley Quinn. Oh good, another subscription service.
- Celine Dion has recorded a music video for Deadpool 2. She’s a Canadian treasure.
- Brian Michael Bendis has taken over Superman. We look forward to Clark Kent’s new catchphrase “BLAM! I lasered you!”
- Batman: The Killing Joke, Batman: The Court of Owls, and Harley Quinn: Mad Love will all be getting novelized adaptations this year. Alan Moore will be rolling in his grave. Wait, what year is this?
- Marvel Comics…honestly, we have no idea what’s going on there at the moment.
- Aussie manufacturer Geeky Sex Toys has launched a like called Indulgers: Pleasure War. The line includes the Incredible Dong, Captain Anal and Arse Reactor butt plugs; Agent Getsmeoff, a Black Widow branded fleshlight, a Black Widow fleshlight, Agent Getsmeoff, and Möan-lnir. We’re hoping Thanos does snap his fingers while using that mighty fist.
Kick-Ass Pick of the Week™
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (Marvel Studios/Disney)
John Dee’s Geek Related Challenge or Something™
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, Find more by Richard by visiting TheReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDBits, and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more Dave at DamnGoodCup.com on Twitter@davelongo. Follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually for all the network news.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually
Music used in this episode is from LL Cool J, Tears for Fears, and Alan Silvestri’s score for AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.