In this issue, Saga is banned and then not again raising the question: are there digital gatekeepers to sex in comics? Meanwhile Man of Steel opens up the DC Cinematic Universe THEN all the latest headlines. PLUS what we’ve been reading this week, some new music and our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: the classic The Death of Captain Marvel by Jim Starlin.
Our next Issue: An Iron Man 3 Special. The prequel comics and the new film in review.
Your Hosts: Richard Gray & David McVay
Vintage Clip of the Week
The Adventures of Captain Marvel Episode 1: “Curse of the Scorpion” (1941)
What We’ve Been Reading
Batman and Red Robin #19 (Richard)
Supurbia volume 2 (David)
Revisiting the first two X-Men movies (David)
Saga #12 is banned briefly and digital gatekeeping in comics
This week’s News Headlines are brought to you by Mixmaster Mike’s remix of the Teen Titans Go! theme for the new series
– Man of Steel to open up DC Cinematic Universe, says Jeff Robinov, president of Warner Bros. Pictures Group. Expect a big announcement about the future in the next few weeks!
– A sequel to the Dredd 3D movie has been teased by 2000AD…but in comic book form! Look for that in September.
– Marvel teases Age of Ultron U.C. for July, featuring something big, purple and hungry. We’re thinking Galactus: what about you?
– Marvel is also returning to the AvX universe (ugh), with What If? AvX #1 – 4 mini-series to be released weekly in July. But they are also cancelling Winter Soldier. A reboot is surely due?
– Also in July, look for a new Image series from Matt Fraction called Satellite Sam. Set in the 1950s, it promises “Sex! Death! Live TV!”
– Finally, this has been doing the rounds this week. Batman Begins was screened on ABC Family in the US, and this is their take on the plot.
For all the latest updates, visit: http://behindthepanels.net/category/news-2/
Go and buy our stuff.
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting theReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDbits
Make sure you check out our new range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually
We end the show this week with Guns and Roses’ version of “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”