In this issue, we have a ton of new trailers including Avengers Assemble, Batman: Arkham Origins and Man of Steel. James Robinson leaves Earth 2 and Whedon confirms Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Iron Man for The Avengers 2. Not enough? How about what we’ve been reading, a vintage clip PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: Arrow – Season One.
On our next Issue: Snapshot by Andy Diggle and Jock
Your Hosts: Richard Gray & David McVay
Vintage Clip of the Week
Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure (1967) – Teen Titans in “The Space Beast Round-Up”
What We’ve Been Reading
Dream Thief #1
Avengers Assemble – The Enemy Within #1
For all the latest reviews of other stuff we’ve been reading, see: http://behindthepanels.net/category/graphic-bits/ You can now also find us on comicbookroundup.com, where you can compare what critics say from all over the web.
– Writer James Robinson exits Earth 2, along with leaving DC Comics. He follows several writers leaving the publisher in the last year. His final issue will be Earth 2 #16. At least Mr. Terrific has his T-balls to play with.
– Joss Whedon confirms Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for Avengers 2. He also notes that when the Avengers assemble, Iron Man will answer “yes” to the call.
– Meanwhile, Iron Man 3 punches through the $1 billion mark worldwide. It was knocked off the top slot by Star Trek Into Darkness. Geeks around the world feel conflicted.
– Summit Entertainment has put the writers of Red and Red 2 to work on a third installment of the film based on the Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner comic. Zimmer frame manufacturers are currently bidding on the contract.
– Australian publisher Milk Shadow Books will publish a classic collection called Da ‘n’ Dill: The Showbag Years. The stories originally appeared in Royal Easter Showbags and the Sydney Sun Herald throughout the 1990s.
– Archie Comics will release an upcoming issue of Kevin Keller in which titular openly-gay character kisses his boyfriend Devon. Writer Dan Parent mocks the Million Moms in the story with a woman who “pitches a bit of a fit” and becomes an Internet sensation.
– Warner Bros. Games Montreal has released a trailer for the Batman: Arkham Origins game, due out around the world on 25 October. Here is the trailer:
– On the small screen, Marvel’s animated Avengers Assemble is out July 7. Here’s the new trailer:
That “new friend” is Falcon, and the first episode is available for free on US iTunes this week.
– A brand new trailer for The Wolverine dropped this week. It features an old friend at the start and plenty more action and Silver Samurai. Here it is:
– And finally, just a few hours before we recorded this, another short Man of Steel trailer dropped online. General Zod does not seem happy with the Earth, take a look:
For all the latest updates, visit: http://behindthepanels.net/category/news-2/
We should really just mark the fact that this is the last week that Geoff Johns is writing a Green Lantern comic with GL #20. It marks the end of almost a decade long, character-defining stretch. Robert Venditti has some massive shoes to fill.
Search Term of the Week: how to knit/crochet a batman cowl
Go and buy our stuff.
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting theReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDbits
Make sure you check out our new range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually