In this issue, we report back on Oz Comic-Con Melbourne, and our chats with Bill Farmer and Phil Jimenez. THEN we bring you some extraordinary television news and look at the Harvey Award nominations. PLUS our Kick-Ass Picks of the Week: a Chris Claremont ’82 double of Wolverine with Frank Miller, and bonus book X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills with very special guest, writer Chris Claremont himself!
On our next Issue: The Wolverine Movie
Your Hosts: Richard Gray and David McVay
Vintage Clip of the Week
Spider-man and His Amazing Friends – “The Origin of Iceman” (1982)
What We’ve Been Reading/Watching
Justice League: Trinity War
- Justice League: War will be the next DC Animated Original Movie. It will follow Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and be based on Geoff Johns’s New 52 versions of the series
- Vin Diesel has been meeting with Marvel for an undisclosed role. What could it be? Stay tuned for Comic-Con…
- The news that nobody expected: Alan Moore’s The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen gets a TV put pilot order at Fox
- Arrow: Season 2 adds actress Summer Glau in a major villain role. She’s best known for Firefly and Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles
- Marvel’s Agent’s of S.H.I.E.L.D. will debut on Tuesday, September 24 on Disney’s ABC
- DC Comics plans a new Harley Quinn ongoing series for November from the dynamic duo of Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner.
- IDW has announced a new Star Trek: Khan comic series for October, telling the origin story of the Star Trek Into Darkness version of the character
- Dynamite has got the rights to Robotech, and will be releasing a crossover comic with Voltron for the latter’s 30th anniverary
- Matt Fraction is bringing the Inhumans back to the Marvel Universe in a big way in December with the new series Inhuman, spinning out of Infinity
- Kick-Ass 2 director Jeff Wadlow has been tapped to direct an X-Force film, expanding Fox’s X-Men cinematic universe
- The Harvey Award nominations have been announced. Hawkeye and Saga lead the pack with 7 nominations a piece.
For all the latest updates, visit: http://behindthepanels.net/category/news-2/
Go and buy our stuff.
Pick of the Week
This week we review Wolverine and X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills with a special interview with Chris Claremont recorded at Supanova Sydney, June 2013.
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to email@example.com or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting theReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDbits