PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: Kick-Ass 2! Directed by Jeff Wadlow and starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Chloe Grace Moretz, it’s out in cinemas from Universal Pictures.
Hosted by Richard Gray and David McVay, and our returning guest, Dave Longo of DamnGoodCup.com
On our next Issue: Age of Ultron by Brian Michael Bendis.
Due to the subject matter of this week’s pick, the following episode contains infrequent coarse language and adult themes. Listener discretion is advised.
Vintage Clip of the Week
What We’ve Been Reading/Watching
Comic Book Heroes, Infinity, Super Graphic
- Marvel’s November solicitations hint at the end of the Ultimate Marvel Universe as Miles Morales comes to the Marvel 616
- DC Comics announce that “Zero Year” will spill over into Action Comics, Birds of Prey ,Catwoman, Nightwing, Detective Comics, The Flash, Green Lantern Corps, Green Arrow and Red Hood and the Outlaws in November.
- Chris Claremont, X-Men maestro and friend of Behind the Panels, will return to X-Men comics for a 50th anniversary special called X-Men: Gold in November, also featuring Stan Lee, Bob McLeod and Walter and Louise Simonson
- Meanwhile, Chris has reportedly been brought in as a consultant on the Bryan Singer film, X-Men: Days of Future Past
- The Killing‘s Bex Taylor-Klaus will join Arrow: Season 2 as Sin, a young martial arts expert closely associated with Black Canary
- Australia and New Zealand will get an exclusive Batman: Arkham Origins Definitive Collector’s Edition with a premium Joker statue featuring LED effects produced by TriForce
- Legendary Green Arrow writer and artist Mike Grell has been hospitalised with cellulitis. Behind the Panels wishes him a quick recovery.
- Thor: The Dark World has gone back for reshoots to add more Loki scenes.
- Finally, Telltale Games has released the first trailer for the episodic game Fables: The Wolf Among Us, based on the Vertigo Comic. Check it out.
Go and buy our stuff.
Pick of the Week
This week we review the new film Kick-Ass 2, here is the trailer that was played on the show:
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting theReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDbits