In this issue, Warner casts a new Batman, while DC moves the Justice League to Canada and redesigns Lobo as something quite beautiful. In related news, the Internet explodes. THEN we catch up on the latest comics, watch the new Marvel One-Shot and more.
PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week, Marvel’s Age of Ultron from Brian Michael Bendis, Bryan Hitch and Brad Peterson.
Hosted by Richard Gray and David McVay and Dave Longo.
On our next Issue: Blacksad: Somewhere Within the Shadows from Juan Díaz Canales and Juanjo Guarnido
Vintage Clip of the Week
Captain America (1966) – Season 1 Episode 7 – “Let the Past Be Gone/The Adaptoid/The Super Adaptoid” (13 Oct. 1966).
What We’ve Been Reading/Watching
Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter, RED 2, Avengers (Infinity)
- Warner has announced that Ben Affleck has been cast as Batman in the Man of Steel sequel.
- DC Comics will replace the Justice League of America with Justice League Canada following “Forever Evil“, eh?
- Navid Negahban joins ‘Arrow’ Season 2 as a new villain, hinting at the introduction of the League of Shadows
- Tyler Bates will provide the score for ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’. Bates has previously scored ‘Watchmen’, ‘300’ and
- Australia’s Gestalt Comics has announced new titles including ‘M.I.D.A.S’. from Tom Taylor, ‘The Undertaker Morton Stone’ with Ben Templesmith and Christian Read’s ‘Unmasked #3’
- Man of Steel heads to DVD and Blu-ray in Australia on November 6, and the US on November 12
- Boom! Studios’ ‘Day Men’ has been marked by Universal for a film adaptation. They had previously had success with ‘2 Guns’
- Bradley Cooper is rumoured to be voicing Rocket Raccoon in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
- Finally, DC have revealed the new look for Lobo – and he’s as pretty as any vegan fashion victim!
Go and buy our stuff.
Pick of the Week
This week we head to the Age of Ultron.
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to email@example.com or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting theReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDbits