All this, PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week, R.I.P.D. (#1 – 4) by Peter M. Lenkov and Lucas Marangon.
Hosted by Richard Gray, David McVay and Dave Longo.
On our next Issue: S.H.I.E.L.D. by Jonathan Hickman and Dustin Weaver.
Vintage Clip of the Week
Abar, the First Black Superman (1977)
What We’ve Been Reading/Watching
Villain’s Month, Mighty Avengers, Infinity: The Hunt, Battle of the Atom, Mars Attacks Judge Dredd
- Glee‘s Gale Gustin gets guest gig as The Flash in Arrow Season 2
- Marvel launches the second wave of Marvel NOW! in December with a briefly renumbered Avengers, Inhumanity tie-in issues and new series called Invaders and Inhuman. Read the press release because the renumbering makes little to no sense to us.
- Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man has been pushed forward by almost four months to 31 July 2015, making that year the biggest geek summer of all time.
- Technicolor has partnered with ABC TV Australia and Stark Productions for ‘The Deep’ animated series, based on the Gestalt Comic of the same name.
- Image Comics has a crop of new books coming in December: Dead Body Road, Sin Boldly, The Saviors and even a Black Kiss II Christmas Special!
- Justin Bieber set the Internet on fire when he teased a photo of himself next to a Batman Vs. Superman script. However, it looks like it is just a Funny or Die prank.
- Pedigree Comics in the US has sold the first appearance of the Silver Age Captain America in Avengers #4 for a record-breaking $120,000
- DC is in hot water again. This time for running a fan art competition that asked entrants to draw Harley Quinn naked and in suicide scenarios. It’s time for our ongoing segment “What’s DC Up to Now?”
Pick of the Week
This week we read R.I.P.D. (#1 – 4) by Peter M. Lenkov and Lucas Marangon. Buy it on Amazon!
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting theReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDbits Find more David Longo at DamnGoodCup.com.
Make sure you check out our new range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually
The closing music this week is “Hey Nineteen” by Steely Dan.