In this issue, a comics collector in Brazil had his stash stolen. We know from experience that Brazilian jobs are the most painful. THEN, we get our first look at the Captain America: The Winter Soldier trailer. It’s about a returned US soldier unable to find affordable housing. PLUS our kick-ass Pick of the Week, Revival by Tim Seeley and Mike Norton.
Next Week: Thor: The Dark World Film Special
Your Hosts: Richard Gray, David McVay and David Longo
Vintage Clip of the Week
The Adventures of Superpup (1958) – “Pilot”
What We’ve Been Reading/Watching
Pretty Deadly #1, Velvet #1, Battle of the Atom (Wolverine and the X-Men #37), Arrow (“Broken Dolls”), Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (“Girl in the Flower Dress”), The Walking Dead (“Infected”)
- Kevin Feige has confirmed that Black Panther is in development for an introduction to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Chris Samnee and editor Steve Wacker have revealed that the current run of Daredevil will end with issue #36 in February. There is no word yet on its reboot.
- Bridesmaids‘ Paul Feig will produce a new film based on the Charles Shultz Peanuts strips
- Firefly’s Sean Maher will join Arrow as the villain Shrapnel
- Cartoon Network has abruptly pulled Beware the Batman from its schedule, as they did with Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series before it
- Los Angeles based Comics Ink got in hot water with Image Comics this week after ripping up a copy of Pretty Deadly #1 in front of customers as their form of ‘review’
- Ryan Reynolds says development is “inching forward” on a Deadpool movie
- Three armed men invaded the home of a Brazilian comics collector, taking 7000 issues from his his collection of 200,000 books. The heist is said to be worth $150,000
- A Bill and Ted attraction at Universal Studios was retired for its portrayal of a stereotypically gay Superman. Listen to Geek Movie Club for more on that story.
- The first trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier has arrived. Let’s have a listen:
To watch the trailer, and get all the latest updates, visit our News section.
Pick of the Week
This week we read Revival by Tim Seeley and Mike Norton. Buy it online!
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to email@example.com or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting theReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDbits Find more David Longo at DamnGoodCup.com.
Make sure you check out our new range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually