In this issue, Warner tries to pick a name for the next Superman film. Maybe they should ask Marvel for help. THEN Seth Rogen is involved in a TV version of Preacher. Is the role of Arseface not available then? PLUS our Kick Ass Pick of the Week, Hellboy: The Midnight Circus by Mike Mignola, Duncan Fegredo and Dave Stewart. This is Behind the Panels.
Next Week: Green Arrow – Quiver by Kevin Smith, Phil Hester and Andy Parks
Your Hosts: Richard Gray and David McVay
Vintage Clip of the Week
The Incredible Hulk (1966) – “Ring Master / Captive of the Circus / Grande Finale”
What We’ve Been Reading/Watching
New Releases (20 November 2013): Harley Quinn #0, A Voice in the Dark #1
TV: Arrow (“State Vs. Queen”), Agents of S.H.I.E.LD. (“The Well”), The Walking Dead (“Live Bait”)
- Thor: The Dark World has now crossed the $500 million mark worldwide
- AMC and Seth Rogen are said to be developing a series based on Vertigo’s Preacher
- DC has won what might be the final battle in the long-running dispute with the estate of Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster
- Marvel has announced a rebooted Moon Knight from the team of Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey for March 2014
- DC will cancel Stormwatch in April 2014, putting the final nail in the coffin for the Wildstorm characters in the New 52
- Ben “Batfleck” Affleck and Matt “Matt Damon” Damon are set to produce a film adaptation of Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ comic book series Sleeper for Warner Bros.
- Sony has announced plans for spin-off films following the third The Amazing Spider-man film.
- Andrew J West has been cast in a secret role in the current season of The Walking Dead
- Meanwhile The Walking Dead‘s Norman Reedus is up for a role in the rebooted The Crow
- Warner has registered a series of domain names as possible titles for the new Batman Vs Superman film. Possible titles include: “Man of Steel Battle the Knight”, “Man of Steel Beyond Darkness”, “Man of Steel Black of Knight”, “Man of Steel Darkness Falls”, “Man of Steel Knight Falls”, “Man of Steel Shadow of the Night”, “Man of Steel The Blackest Hour”, and “Man of Steel The Darkness Within”.
Pick of the Week
This week we read Hellboy: The Midnight Circus by Mike Mignola, Duncan Fedrego and Dave Stewart
2 Copies of Man of Steel Blu-ray and the Man of Steel: The Early Years prequel novel to give away thanks to Warner and Roadshow. Listen to win!
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting theReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDbits Find more David Longo at DamnGoodCup.com.
Make sure you check out our new range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually
The closing music for the show this week is Marco Beltrami’s “Main Title” from the Hellboy Original Motion Picture Soundtrack