In this issue, Scarlet Johannson’s Avengers scenes get bumped because of baby news. Fox and Marvel are currently discussing joint custody rights. THEN it’s a new Batman game from Rocksteady, where you get to drive the Batmobile. ALSO New releases Starlight, Veil, Magneto, Moon Knight, Headspace and more in what we’ve been reading. PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: 300 by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley. This is Behind the Panels.
Next Week (Issue 92): V for Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd
Vintage Clip of the Week
The Mighty Thor (1966) – “Enter Hercules”
What We’ve Been Reading
This Week (5 March 2014): Veil #1 (Greg Rucka at Dark Horse), Starlight #1 (Mark Millar), Magneto #1, Moon Knight #1 (Warren Ellis), Wolverine & the X-Men #1, Evil Empire #1 (Boom!), Headspace (Monkeybrain), She-Hulk #2, Earth 2 #21, Forever Evil #6, Green Arrow #29, Green Lantern #29, Rogue Trooper #1 (IDW), Tales of Honor #1.
Next Week (12 March 2014): Batman #29, Batgirl #29, Justice League of America #13, Returning #1 (IDW mini series), Six Million Dollar Man Season 6 #1, The Crow Pestilence #1, X-Files Conspiracy: The Crow #1, Monster & Madman #1 (Steve NIles mini-series), East of West #10, Mercenary Sea #2, Walking Dead #123, All New X-Men #24, Avengers Undercover #1, Captain Marvel #1, Secret Avengers #1
- Rocksteady have announce the finale to the Arkham video game series, with Batman: Arkham Knight. It promises a bigger map of Gotham, the return of Kevin Conroy, a new character from Geoff Johns and the chance to finally drive the Batmobile
- Lena Dunham, from TV’s Girls, has announced that she will pen some upcoming issues of Archie
- Louise Simonson will helm an IDW/Cartoon Network crossover called “Super Secret Crisis War”, including “The Powerpuff Girls,” “Samurai Jack,” “Dexter’s Laboratory,” “Ed, Edd and Eddy,”
- Lion Forge Comics will launch its digital offerings with a new comic based on the 1980s TV series Miami Vice.
- Disney and Marvel will release a new comic from Jim Zub and Felipe Andre based on the Walt Disney World character Figment!
- Malaysia’s Home Ministry has banned the Ultraman the Ultra Power comic book, saying it contains “elements detrimental to public order”.
- Scarlet Johannson’s scenes for Avengers: Age of Ultron have reportedly been fast-tracked following the announcement of her pregnancy.
- TV’s Gotham has added 13-year-old “Touch” actor David Mazouz as the young Bruce Wayne and Camren Bicondova as the teenage Selina Kyle
- Three more have joined the cast of NBC’s “Constantine” pilot including Lucy Griffiths, Harold Perrineau and Charles Halford.
- The Flash Casts Patrick Sabongui as Central City Police Captain David Singh
- Finally, the trailer for the highly anticipated Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller film Sin City: Dame to Kill For dropped this week. Let’s have a listen:
Kick Ass Pick of the Week
This week we read 300 (Dark Horse) by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley
Your comments and good times for all.
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to email@example.com or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting theReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDbits Find more David Longo at DamnGoodCup.com.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually