In this issue, Kevin Smith is back writing comics. Expect the first issue this year, and the second sometime in 2017. THEN Captain America is set to go head-to-head with Batman and Superman: it’s the most expensive game of chicken ever. PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: V for Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. This is Behind the Panels.
Next Week (Issue 93): Dr. Strange: The Oath by Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin
Vintage Clip of the Week
The Adventures of Superboy (1966) – The Black Knight
What We’ve Been Reading
This Week (12 March 2014): Avengers Undercover #1, Captain Marvel #1, Secret Avengers #1, Batman #29, Batgirl #29, Justice League of America #13, Monster & Madman #1 (Steve NIles mini-series), Mercenary Sea #2, All New X-Men #24
Next Week (19 March 2014): All-New Ghost Rider #1, Daredevil #1, Ms. Marvel #2, Winter Soldier: The Bitter March #2, Rocky & Bullwinkle #1 (IDW), A Voice in the Dark #5, Noah HC, Sovereign #1, Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S. #6, Justice League #29, Harley Quinn #4, Witcher #1 (Dark Horse), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 10 #1, American Vampire: Second Cycle #1
- Kevin Smith, Ralph Garman and Ty Templeton will join forces for an upcoming crossover between DC’s Batman ’66 and Dynamite’s Green Hornet.
- Marvel and DC have been shut out of the February bookstore charts, with Walking Dead, Attack on Titan, Saga and other indies dominating the Top 20!
- Boom! has announced a first look deal with Cartoon Network for comics and graphic novels
- Marvel have announced a series of short documentaries at SXSW called Tales to Astonish. Starting with Civil War, they aim to put major Marvel stories into a wider context.
- The Goon and Dream Thief return in Dark Horse’s June solicitations
- Marvel studios will release Captain America 3 on 6 May 2016, lining it up against Batman Vs. Superman!
- Marvel’s next Infinite Comic will be Marvel Universe: Ultimate Spider-Man. The 24 part digital comic will see headline creators Eugene Son, Matt Kindt, Cullen Bunn and Tim Seeley writing.
- New Zealand-born Rose McIver, best known as playing Tinker Bell on ABC’s Once Upon A Time, has been cast in the lead role of Olivia “Liv” Moore on The CW and Warner Bros. TV’s loose adaptation of iZombie
- 300: Rise of an Empire, based on Frank Miller’s unpublished graphic novel, took $45 million in its opening weekend, with an estimate $147 million worldwide at the time of recording.
Kick Ass Pick of the Week
This week we read V for Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd.
Your comments and good times for all.
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting theReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDbits Find more David Longo at DamnGoodCup.com.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually