In this issue, it’s all about the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Kevin Feige makes plans until 2028. Look forward to Avengers Assemble: Ow, There Goes My Hip Again. THEN Fantastic Four gets its Doctor Doom, it’s Inhumans, Guardians, Dead Letter and Poe in what we’ve been reading. PLUS we go to the movies for our incredibly Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: Captain America: The Winter Soldier. This is Behind the Panels.
Next (Issue 96): The Amazing Spider-man 2 (Film Special)
Captain America (1944)
What We’ve Been Reading
This Week (2 April 2014): Inhuman #1, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude #1, The Field #1, Dead Letters #1, ’68: Rule of War #1, Edgar Allan Poe’s The Premature Burial #1, She-Hulk #3, Magneto #2, Moon Knight #2, Starlight #2, Veil #2, What If Age of Ultron #1, Amazing Spider-man: Family Business GN
Next Week (9 April 2014): Batgirl #30, Batman Eternal #1, Flash Gordon #1 (Dynamite – Jeff Parker), Shutter #1 (Image Comics – Joe Keatinge), All-New Doop #1, All-New Ultimates #1, Daredevil #1.50, Iron Fist the Living Weapon #1, Nightcrawler #1
- Kevin Feige has dropped the news that Marvel Studios has planned out their cinematic universe until at least 2028!
- Marvel Comics has confirmed that an ongoing Deathlok series, spinning out of the events of the “Original Sins” event. No creative team has been announced yet.
- Grant Morrison and artist Rian Hughes will team up on a wordless BBC exclusive comic strip called “The Key”.
- Vertigo’s intriguing new series Bodies will cover detectives uncovering a murder mystery through four different points in London history: 1890, 1940, 2014, and 2050. Written by Si Spencer, it will feature a different artist for each period.
- Bruce Timm returns to Batman in a new DC Nation short called ‘Batman: Strange Days’, set to debut on April 9.
- DC announced that Teen Titans: Earth One will come out later this year from writer Jeff Lemire and artists Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson. More original Earth One graphic novels are also planned.
- Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey and Tao Okamoto have all joined Warner’s Man of Steel sequel in new roles created for the film.
- Toby Kebbell has been cast in the villainous role of Doctor Doom in Fox’s Fantastic Four reboot. He was most recently seen in The Counselor and soon to star in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Matt Gerard, previously seen in Avatar and G.I. Joe Retaliation, has reportedly been cast as the villain in Marvel’s Ant-man.
- Benderspink and Illuminati Entertainment announce that they have picked up the rights to Jim Starlin’s 1982 comic book series Dreadstar.
Kick Ass Pick of the Week
This week we head to the movies and watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier out now from Disney.
Your comments and good times for all.
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting theReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDbits Find more David Longo at DamnGoodCup.com.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually