In this issue, prepare for some pulp fiction Marvel teams up with the Florida Department of Citrus. THEN Grant Morrison enters a contest for the longest title of a DC comic as The Multiversity: The Society of Super-Heroes: Conquerors of the Counter-World. ALSO it’s Original Sin, Futures End and more in what we’ve been reading. PLUS our Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot by Frank Miller and Geof Darrow. This is Behind the Panels. We’re back, baby.
Your Hosts: Richard Gray, David McVay and Dave Longo
Next (Issue 99): Scalped Vol. 1
Fantastic Four – “Magneto meets the Fantastic Four” (1978)
What We’ve Been Reading
- DC will debut The Multiversity: The Society of Super-Heroes: Conquerors of the Counter-World #1 by Grant Morrison in September this year, spinning out of Morrison’s Multiversity event.
- DC’s September will be dominated by a series of Futures End 3D covered one-shots for most of their major titles.
- Superman Unchained, The Adventures of Superman and Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Two will also come to an end in September
- The Death of Wolverine arrives in Marvel’s September solicitations, a new event from Charles Soule and artist Steve McNiven
- Image Comics will debut four new series in September: Roche Limit, Copperhead, God Hates Astronauts and Oddly Normal
- Quentin Tarantino will co-plot a Django and Zorro crossover with Matt Wagner for Dynamite
- Speaking of multiversity, Spider-man event “Edge of the Spider-Verse” will also kick off with a mini-series in September
- Rosario Dawson has been added to the cast of Marvel’s Daredevil for Netflix in an undisclosed role
- Jon Spaihts, best known for scripting Prometheus, is reportedly being hired to take on the Scott Derrickson helmed Dr. Strange for Marvel
- Weta Workshop’s Pukeko Pictures and the Heavy Metal brand are developing an animated series based on the cheeky series Rat Queens from Image Comics
- The US Supreme Court may take up the case of Lisa Kirby v. Marvel to determine whether works produced by Jack Kirby and published by Marvel between 1958 and 1963 were work-for-hire.
- Finally, Marvel and the Florida Department of Citrus are ready to strike a reported $1 million deal to redesign the department’s mascot, Captain Citrus.
Kick-Ass Pick of the Week: The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot by Frank Miller and Geof Darrow.
Your comments and good times for all.
Have you got something to say? We want to hear from you, send email to email@example.com or drop us a voicemail at Skype ID: geek actually and we’ll play it on the show.
If you are an iTunes user, subscribe for free here and please leave us feedback.
Join us on our new Facebook Fan Page, follow Geek Actually on Twitter @geekactually and follow David on Twitter @davidmcvay Find more by Richard Gray by visiting theReelBits.com or follow him on Twitter @DVDbits Find more David Longo at DamnGoodCup.com.
Make sure you check out our range of Behind The Panels swag at cafepress.com.au/geekactually