The second IMAGE EXPO for 2015 brought with it a slew of massive announcements for the publisher, including a look at their upcoming slate of new creator-owned titles, publications, licences and other releases. Held on Thursday, it was opened by a keynote address from publisher Eric Stephenson.
“There is no one-size-fits-all approach to what we do,” offered Stephenson, speaking to the breadth of creators and their works on display. “We offer creators as much or as little support as they need, through direct contact with our accounting, marketing, production, and sales staff – all those amazing people I mentioned earlier – and for those who want the maximum amount of assistance, we offer support tailored to their specific needs.”
Not for nothing either, as the Expo brought us new announcements from the likes of Warren Ellis, Greg Rucka, Gail Simone, Nicola Scott, Brian K. Vaughan, Mark Millar, Rafael Albuquerque, Bryan Lee O’Malley and more.
Below is a gallery of the announcements. Highlight include:
- Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin will write a THE WALKING DEAD story for their online Panel Syndicate. In return, Image will publish a print edition of their digital series The Private Eye
- Scott Pilgrim and Seconds creator Bryan Lee O’Malley and artist Leslie Hung on their new project: SNOTGIRL.
- Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott’s BLACK MAGICK in October, a project the two of them have been involved in for the better part of the last five years
- Jason Aaron and Scalped collaborator R. M. Guéra’s THE GODDAMNED
- HEARTLESS from the Supreme Blue Rose team of Warren Ellis and Tula Lotay
- HUCK from Mark Millar and Rafael Albuquerque