Warner has announced a deluxe edition of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, sending fans into a double-dipping frenzy around the world.. It will be released in the US on 8 October 2013.
Clocking in at 156 minutes, it promises “one seamless epic film”, which will be a wonderful way to enjoy this excellent adaptation of Frank Miller’s graphic novel series of the same name. There doesn’t appear to be any addition content in the feature, but at least one reason to pick this set up will be the 70-minute documentary on Frank Miller’s creative process.
- View The Dark Knight Returns as One Seamless Epic Film
- New Frank Miller 70 minute documentary “Creating a Masterpiece” (Deluxe Edition Exclusive)
- DVD and BD: Cast and crew commentary created specifically for this release (Deluxe Edition Exclusive)
- BD: 4 exclusive collector cards with never before seen artwork (Deluxe Edition Exclusive)
- DVD and BD: Includes all of extra content from Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and Part 2
In the film, it has been 10 years since Bruce Wayne (voiced by Peter Weller) hung up his cape and cowl as Batman, and Gotham City is a hotbed of lawless 1980s decadence. A gang known as the mutants rules over the city, with the police and their Commissioner Gordon (David Selby) unable to do anything about it. His body weathered by the passing years, Batman comes back to the city when it needs him the most, and to face the Mutant Leader that terrorises the city. He’s not alone, with the young Carrie Kelly (Ariel Winter) aiming to be the next Robin.
The Australian release date has not been mentioned as yet, although given previous patterns, we suspect this will be closer to the end of November.
Click image to enlarge